It is my first time cooking! Kimchi Jjigae 김치찌개:
Lets take a look at my recipe, contributed with the help of my sister! ^^
Serving of 4
Kimchi Jjigae 김치찌개
1 bottle of Kimchi
1 tablespoon 고추장 Gochujang (Korean Chilli Paste)
1 tablespoon 고추가루 Gochugaru (Korean Chilli Flakes)
A handful of Big Bean sprout
1 big Yellow Onion
1 packet of Tofu
Plenty Spring Onion
1 packet of Straw Mushrooms
Pork (Shabu Shabu)
1 tablespoon soya sauce
1) Wash and marinate pork with garlic, rice wine and [sesame oil(Optional)]
2) Squeeze out the Kimchi juice and place it in a separate bowl
3) Wash and remove the roots of the bean sprouts
4) Remove the skin of the onion, wash and chop into bite size
5) Cut the tofu into cube size evenly.
6) Cut the spring onions to about 5 cm long.
7) Wash and cut off the roots of the straw mushroom
1) Stir-fry the Kimchi without any oil
2) Add cooking oil/sesame oil and stir fry the pork
*** NOTE: DO NOT overcook the pork as you have to boil it again at a later part
3) Bring the water to boil in a large pot
4) Add in the kimchi juice, Gochujang, Gochugaru, bean sprouts, straw mushrooms, onions, spring onions, kimchi.
5) Let it boil for about 4-5mins
6) Add Pork and tofu to boil and light soya sauce to taste.
7) TAH DAH~~